MANCHESTER, N.H. – Senior Kathryn Rindo (Lowell, Mass.) and sophomores Meghan Golden (Scituate, Mass.) and Ashley Sulkin (Ipswich, Mass.) each earned two points to lead the Saint Anselm College women's tennis team to an 8-1 victory against the College of Saint Rose on Saturday afternoon at the Saint Anselm Outdoor Tennis Courts.
- Rindo teamed with junior Katie Roberts (So. Windsor, Conn.) for an 8-6 win at No. 3 doubles against Maria Malafronte and KeriAnn Mahoney and then earned a 6-0, 7-5 victory at No. 4 singles against Mahoney.
- Golden and Sulkin combined for an 8-1 triumph at No. 2 doubles against Paige Southwick and Alanna Bergmann. Golden pulled out a 6-4, 2-6, 10-8 win at No. 3 singles against Southwick, while Sulkin downed Malafronte at No. 6 singles, 6-4, 6-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Rose earned the first point of the match as Averie Bowen and Isabella Cubillos posted an 8-5 win against sophomore Jess Perkins (Shrewsbury, Mass.) and freshman Tess Malerbi (Scituate, Mass.) at No. 1 doubles.
- The Hawks earned the final two doubles and then swept all six singles matches. Perkins defeated Bowen at No. 1 singles, 4-6, 6-3, 10-3, while Malerbi dispatched Cubillos, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 2 singles. Senior Leah Fitzgerald (Bedford, N.H.) added a 6-2, 6-2 No. 5 singles victory against Bergmann.
- The win snaps a four-match losing skid for the Hawks.
- The Hawks are back in action Sunday, Sept. 27 at 11 a.m. when they play host to the Le Moyne College.