MANCHESTER, N.H. – Sophomore Jess Perkins (Shrewsbury, Mass.) scored a pair of victories as the Saint Anselm College women's tennis team suffered its first loss of the year, 6-3, to Roberts Wesleyan College on Friday afternoon at the Saint Anselm Outdoor Tennis Courts.
- Perkins breezed to a 6-0, 6-0 victory against Natalia Cardona at No. 1 singles. Perkins has now won nine straight singles matches and 13 of 14 dating back to last year. Perkins also teamed with fellow sophomore Meghan Golden (Scituate, Mass.) for an 8-6 No. 1 doubles win against Cardona and Tiffany Hamdan.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Anselm trailed 2-1 following doubles play before Perkins' straight set victory and a 6-4, 6-2 No. 2 singles triumph over Marine Kennel by freshman Tess Malerbi (Scituate, Mass.) gave the Hawks' a 3-2 advantage.
- Roberts Wesleyan then sealed the match by winning the final four singles contests.
- The Hawks return to action Sunday, Sept. 13 at 1 p.m. when they take on Stonehill College.
- Saint Anselm is home again Thursday, Sept. 17 at 3:30 p.m. when they play host to Bentley University.